Do You Live In A Rural Area Of Texas Where There Are Few Choices For Mental Health Services?
We are able to provide online counseling from Marfa to Midland, El Paso to Lubbock and everywhere in between.
Or Perhaps You Live In A Bustling City Like Houston And Don’t Have Time For Commuting To And From Counseling Appointments.
Cities like Houston, Austin and Dallas may have plenty of local counselors to choose from. However, traffic might present a real obstacle to fitting therapy into your life. Online counseling may be the solution.
Perhaps You Are Just More Comfortable Attending Therapy From The Comfort Of Your Own Home?
You want high quality, specialized counseling services, but you also need therapy that fits with your lifestyle. We understand. Online therapy services at The Family Relationship Center may be able to help. Through the use of a secure video chat, we’re able to offer you effective mental health services without all the hassle of coming into a counseling office.
Benefits of Online Therapy:
Online Counseling Saves Time
Traditional in office therapy typically means you’re not only having to plan 45-50 minutes for your counseling session, but also the additional time on either side of your appointment to commute to and from your counselor’s office. Telehealth offers added value and convenience of not having to plan extra time for traveling to and from your appointment. Join your online counseling session from your cell phone or laptop between meetings at work, during your lunch break or while your newborn rests comfortably in their bassinet or your lap.
Online Counseling means you don’t have to leave your house or find a sitter.
Difficulty leaving your house or work for any number of reasons? Online counseling is a great option. It brings the benefits of counseling to you anywhere you have access to a little privacy and a reliable internet connection. Think of this as a more secure and HIPAA compliant video chat. While clients sometimes bring their small children to session, many find they get more out of it if they don’t have to. Telehealth offers the option of not having to tote the new baby or young children around town to get to a session. Older kids may be occupied by some screen time or another somewhat independent activity in another room. You can care for new baby and participate in your counseling session without having to leave your house.
Is Online Therapy Effective?
People often wonder if online counseling can possibly be as effective as office based therapy. There are plenty of benefits and cases where Telehealth can be as effective as in office counseling. However, some very specific counseling interventions and modalities may not be possible or as effective online.
Online counseling has several benefits including:
- Increased accessibility to counselors and mental health treatment for people living in parts of Texas with few or no mental health providers
- Potential for quicker intervention following hospital stays for medical or mental health reasons- potentially even prior to discharge
- Increased comfort for the client who can have counseling from the comfort of their own home
- Greater confidentiality since there is no risk of bumping into anyone you know in the waiting room of an office
- Increased accessibility for clients who have limitations on mobility or transportation
- More cost effective in that there is no additional cost of having to pay for gas, parking or a babysitter
- Anecdotally most clients report feeling equally helped by online counseling as they do in office. The belief the client has that their counselor can help them matters more than the physical location of the sessions
Begin Online Therapy in Texas with The Family Relationship Center
So you’ve decided you’re ready for counseling and that online therapy or telehealth seems like the ideal fit for you. To get started now, follow these simple steps:
- Book online, call, text (832-720-4330) or email [email protected] to schedule your first appointment.
- Next, attend your first therapy appointment via our online client web portal via HIPAA compliant Zoom.
- Then, learn to feel less anxious, less stuck and more content and satisfied with your life.